MANAGED SERVICES CAREERS
Network, Server, & Midrange System Administrator
If you are interested in this position, please submit (email) your resume and cover-letter to jobs-IT@cover-all.ca
Cover-All is a Managed Services Provider (MSP) delivering cost effective solutions for Managed IT, Cloud, Co-Location, and Professional Services.
Our Clients tell us that working with Cover-All is like working with their own in-house IT department where they know and trust the people.
To find out more visit http://www.cover-all.ca/managed-hosting-services/
Network & Mid-Range System Administrator specializing in various platforms including Windows, Linux, AIX, VMware, Power Systems, and iSeries.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the production environment, including management of third-party hosting provider(s), network hardware, routing tables, Firewalls, VPN appliances, Servers (Intel, Power Systems, Linux, AIX, etc.).
- Support of product solutions including: Backup, Security, Operating Systems, Applications, Web Analytics, Network and Email.
- Work on system O/S and application installation & configuration.
- Provide accurate time estimates for project and work request tasks.
- Contributing to detailed functional specification documents.
- Generating and maintaining detailed technical documents.
- Managing the deployment of changes to production environments.
- Being part of an on-call rotation schedule for the network, mid-range and servers.
- iSeries (AS/400), AIX, UNIX operations experience supporting a production (7x24x365) environment.
- Experience supporting server class hardware in a production (7X24x365) environment.
- Disaster Recovery planning & execution:
- Server HA (high availability) experience is an asset.
- Experience supporting DNS.
- Experience with load balancing technologies.
- Experience supporting email protocols (SMTP, IMAP, POP, RPOP).
- Experience supporting web server technologies.
- Experience with network security.
- Very good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicates critical information to management, Service Desk, Operations, and Clients as necessary.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility.
Education & Training:
- University Degree or IT Diploma with 3 – 5 years working experience.
- Network Certifications in one or more discipline is an asset:
- CCNA/CCNP, MCP/MCSA/MCSE, any Unix\Linux Certification, AIX certification etc.
- Training and/or experience with:
- Windows Servers, VMWare (including all VMWare Security Suite), SQL Database, Solaris, Linux, Cisco IOS & Firewall, Virtual Appliances, Symantec Security Platform.