Senior Mainframe Technical Consultant
(aka Senior Systems Programmer)
If you are interested in this position, please submit (email) your resume and cover-letter to jobs-IT@cover-all.ca
Cover-All is a Managed Services Provider (MSP) delivering cost effective solutions for Managed IT, Cloud, Co-Location, and Professional Services.
Our Clients tell us that working with Cover-All is like working with their own in-house IT department where they know and trust the people.
To find out more visit http://www.cover-all.ca/managed-hosting-services/
Senior Mainframe Technical Consultant (aka Senior Systems Programmer) specializing in z/OS, z/VM, and z/Linux operating systems with a focus on z/OS.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This role is in support of various clients (in-house and remote) working in a team environment.
The scope of this role includes responsibility for the planning, installation, customization, maintenance, and support of z/OS, z/VM and z/Linux operating systems including associated IBM and ISV program products.
The incumbent will take on a senior role within the team ensuring co-ordination with the client and other Cover-All departments regarding:
- Operating system upgrades (z/OS, z/VM, z/Linux).
- IBM program product upgrades.
- ISV product upgrades.
- Hardware refresh including but not limited to:
This role could be demanding at times given the responsibility of supporting multiple clients on multiple hardware platforms, and multiple operating system levels. It requires a deep understanding of how the various operating systems function and interact with the other mainframe components. This is key for designing, maintaining and performing problem identification and resolution.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong working knowledge of the z/OS operating system.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong working knowledge of DB2 for z/OS.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong working knowledge of CICS.
- z/VM installation and customization experience would be an asset.
- z/Linux installation and customization experience would be an asset.
- IMS installation and customization experience would be an asset.
- Experience in the installation and customization of ISV products would be an asset.
- Performance and capacity planning experience would be an asset.
- Very good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicates critical information to management, Service Desk, Operations, and Clients as necessary.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility.
Education & Training:
- University Degree or IT Diploma with 5+ years working experience.
- Training and/or experience with:
- z/OS, DB2, IMS, CICS, SMP/E.