POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume and cover-letter to jobs-IT@cover-all.ca.
Cover-All is a Managed Services Provider (MSP) delivering cost effective solutions for Managed IT, Cloud, Co-Location, Disaster Recovery, and IT Consulting Services.
We are the only mid-size MSP of mainframe services in Canada! Our Clients tell us that working with Cover-All is like working with their own in-house IT department where they know and trust the people.
The Production Support Analyst is responsible for analyzing and supporting the Computer Operations environment ensuring that issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner so as not to adversely affect Client SLA’s and/or production schedules.
The Production Support Analyst is responsible for identifying, analyzing, and resolving operational issues to ensure optimal performance and usability for system users and providing root cause analysis with recommendations for improvements.
He or she will also be accountable for performing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly operational tasks required for the ongoing functionality of the system software applications.
Some Rexx/Clist programming and debugging duties will be required in order to develop queries/reports of varying complexity and to troubleshoot and fix programmatic issues.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This role is in support of various clients (in-house and remote) working in a team environment.
The scope of this role includes responsibility for the planning, maintenance, and support of various operating environments including z/OS, z/VM and z/Linux operating systems making use of associated IBM and ISV program products.
- Adding, deleting of jobs to the schedule as per Change Control
- Confirm completion of Schedules in morning
- Review and optimize production schedules
- Creating Backup
- Ensuring all non-application data is backed up for DRP purposes
- Creating JCL for backups
- Scheduling back ups
- Second Level Support
- Correcting production abends
- Security Administration
- RACF and ACF2 administration
- Creation and review of security reports
- DASD Management
- Allocating DASD to Clients as per requests from authorized personnel and Project Leaders
- Creating reports
- Monitoring of levels
- Change Management
- Attend the weekly CAB meetings
- Promoting changes to the operational production flows
- Tape management
- Ensuring the Clients have sufficient tapes to run their processing
- Facilitate, document and control off site tape rotation
- Client Interface
- Understanding client production processing flows
- Ability to gain and retain Client confidence
- Other related functions as required
- Excellent knowledge of MVS and VM/VSE JCL
- Knowledge of OPC Scheduler and Control/M Scheduler
- Knowledge of the ITIL© Foundations
- Knowledge of Change / Incident and Problem Management process
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Very good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate critical information to management, Service Desk, Operations, and Clients as necessary.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility.
Education & Training:
- University or College Degree in Information Technology
- ITIL© v3 Certified nice to have
- Working knowledge of ITSM concepts