If you are interested in this position please submit your resume and cover-letter to jobs-IT@cover-all.ca.
Cover-All is a Managed Services Provider (MSP) delivering cost effective solutions for Managed IT, Cloud, Co-Location, Disaster Recovery, and IT Consulting Services.
Our Clients tell us that working with Cover-All is like working with their own in-house IT department where they know and trust the people.
Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the IBM Power Systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Deploys the release of new & existing Power Systems as well as designs, installs, configures, maintains, and performs system integration testing, third party applications, related utilities and hardware.
- Works with clients for problem determination and resolution of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure in the network environment per defined SLAs.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Generating and maintaining detailed technical documents;
- Work with the company changeproblem ticketing system and provides clients support to meet or exceed SLAs.
- Availability for rotating on-call support.
- P-SeriesI-Series, AS/400, AIX operations experience supporting a production (7×24) environment.
- Strong OS, Hardware, and Software troubleshooting skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Desired: OS/Application Security Mitigation
Education & Training:
Certification of IBM Power System or AS400 or AIX is preferred.